I got the original recipe from Better Homes and Gardens...link is here.
Horrible picture again of this dip but oh well it was awesome so I don't care :-)
- 1 17 ouncepackage beef roast au jus
- 1 cupchopped onion (1 large)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoonolive oil
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 15 ouncejarprocess cheese dip
- 3/4 cup chopped red sweet pepper (1 medium) Skipped this
- 3/4cupchopped green sweet pepper (1 medium) -- Skipped this
- 1 4 ouncecan (drained weight)sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/3cuppepperoncini salad peppers, stemmed and chopped
- 1 tblespoonWorcestershire sauce
- 1/4teaspoonground black pepper
- Hoagie Planks
1. Remove cover from beef roast package and cook beef in the microwave on 100 percent power (high) for 1 minute. Remove beef roast from package; reserve 1/3 cup of the au jus. Cut beef roast into chunks. Using two forks, pull beef into shreds; set aside. In a large skillet, cook onion and garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat until tender. Stir in beef.
2. Lightly coat the inside of a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add beef mixture to cooker. Stir in the reserved 1/3 cup au jus, cheese dip, sweet peppers, mushrooms, pepperoncini, Worcestershire sauce, and black pepper.
3. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 1 to 2 hours. Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm setting or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. Serve with Hoagie Planks.
4. Hoagie Planks: Preheat broiler. Split 5 hoagie buns and place, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Spread with about 1/4 cup softened butter and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly toasted. To serve, cut bun halves diagonally into pieces.
Nutrition Facts (Philly Cheese Steak Dip)
- Servings Per Recipe 20,
- Calories 193,
- Protein (gm) 9,
- Carbohydrate (gm) 18,
- Fat, total (gm) 11,
- Cholesterol (mg) 38,
- Saturated fat (gm) 6,
- Monosaturated fat (gm) 1,
- Dietary Fiber, total (gm) 1,
- Sugar, total (gm) 5,
- Vitamin A (IU) 389,
- Vitamin C (mg) 12,
- Sodium (mg) 604,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet