I modified it because I didn't want to use walnuts and because I wanted something other than chocolate icing.
This turned out awesome! I'm calling it a cake/brownie because it got the texture of a cake and the denseness of a brownie.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/4 of a bag of chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 container of cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, 1/2 cup cocoa, baking soda and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until cake springs back when gently touched. Spread frosting over cooled cake before cutting.