Sunday, July 8, 2012

Chocolate Zucchini Cake / Brownie

Continuing on my Ode to Zucchini line.  I found this recipe on Six Sisters Stuff Blog (becoming one of my favorites!).  The original recipe is here.

I modified it because I didn't want to use walnuts and because I wanted something other than chocolate icing.

This turned out awesome!  I'm calling it a cake/brownie because it got the texture of a cake and the denseness of a brownie.




Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups shredded zucchini
  • 1/4 of a bag of chocolate chips
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 container of cream cheese frosting



Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the oil, sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, 1/2 cup cocoa, baking soda and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
  3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until cake springs back when gently touched. Spread frosting over cooled cake before cutting.

No comments:

Post a Comment