Friday, July 6, 2012

Maryland Crab and Zucchini Balls

I'm always looking for ways to trick my kids into eating veggies and with the surplus of zucchinis and my zucchini challenge I've started it was the perfect time to try this idea. 

I've been making crab cakes for years.  I live in Maryland and its what we do :-)

This is a twist on the traditional Maryland crab balls.

Ingredients:

  • Dash of salt
  • Dash of pepper
  • Packet of Old Bay Crab Classic mix
  • Sprinkle of Old Bay
  • 1 tsp of yellow mustard
  • Dash of worchester sauce
  • 1 cup of zucchini (shredded)
  • 1 lb of lump crab meat
  • 1 tbsp of Mayo
  • Sprinkle of panko bread crumbs



Directions:

Dump crab meat in bowl and pick out shells.



Dump in other ingredients and mix delicately with your hands.



Take a scooper (I used the pampered chef one) and scoop out crab mix and scoop on cookie sheet in ball shape.





Cook under the broiler of the oven on High for approx 5 mins or until the tops brown slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment