Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Slow Cooker Swedish Meatballs

The big Memorial Weekend Annual Cookout was Sunday and I always do some experimenting.  This time I wanted a lot of slow cooker foods because I was so busy setting up still.  My family thinks I have a crock pot addiction because I had 7 of them going at one time on Sunday.  They're sending me to counceling :-)

I didn't really get a chance to try them because by the time I got inside from grilling they were all gone!  For tailgate I can stick these in the crock pot overnight and just dump them in a tray and pop into the chafing dishes when we get there.  Super easy!

I got this recipe from this site and modified it a bit.

http://busycooks.about.com/od/precookedmeatballrecipes/r/cpswedishmeatba.htm

The modified recipe is ....

Ingredients:

  • 2 lb. pkg. frozen cooked meatballs
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3 cans progresso cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 tsp. pepper
  • 1 can of sliced mushrooms (drained)

Preparation:

Place all ingredients  in a 3-4 quart crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment