Saturday, May 26, 2012

Maryland / Baltimore Soft Shell Crab Sandwich

So let me start out by saying that I don't know if I will ever actually make these for tailgate.  People seem to either love or hate soft shell crabs so I don't know how many folks in the tailgate like them.  But I LOVE them.  Actually during my pregnancy last summer I had a craving for them and had them once per week so I go pretty good at cleaning them.

So I went to ShopRite today and they had fresh cleaned soft shell crabs.  I thought I died and went to heaven :-)

No one else in the family likes them so I didn't feel guilty for eating both of them on my sandwich. 

If you can't find soft shell crabs fresh and/or cleaned then many seafood places have them frozen.  If you don't know how to clean them there are several You Tube videos out there with instructions.

Ingredient:

  • 2 Soft Shell Crabs (cleaned and fresh/thawed)
  • Old Bay Seasoning
  • Flour



Directions:

So start with the crabs...YUM!



Take them out of the package (if frozen make sure you thaw before cooking).  Sprinkle lightly with Old Bay Seasoning.



Coat with flour.  In the meantime heat some vegetable or other oil in a frying pan on medium high heat.




Place the crabs in the heated oil.  Cook 2-3 minutes on each side until the outsides are slightly browned.

Take them out of the pan.  Let them cool for a few minutes.  Don't want to burn your mouth on the hot oil.



Serve with favorite topping on a roll.  I like mine with tomatoes.  And yes I put them on the same bun.  It was like the soft shell crab version of a double cheeseburger :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment