Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pit Ham and Pit Turkey

Seiously...I know I have issues.  Not just with the crock pots but now I'm the owner of an industrial meat slicer.  But it's AWESOME!!!  I feel like I have my own deli now.  Isn't it beautiful!


Anyways since I have my awesome new slicer I decided to do pit beef, ham and turkey.  Put the beef on the grill (see previous post in April).



To cook the ham and turkey (both Kunzler meat that I got from Amrein Foods) I didn't want to dry it out on the grill and I was running out of space on the grill.  I took out my roaster and plopped them in there.  I cut them in half with the cut side down.  The ham I rubbed with some brown sugar and poured a little Sam Adams beer over.  I let them cook for about 1.5-2 hours.



But I wanted them to have the smokey flavor from the grill.  I cut the meat in half and stuck on the grill for 10-15 mins before slicing.



All the meat as so good I was beginning to go into a meat coma :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment