For the party I made Slow Cooked Mac N Cheese in the Crock Pot. This can be done in the oven also. For the oven just put in a a 9x13 pan with bread crumbs on top...cook for 40 mins on 350 degrees.
I had gotten this recipe from Paula Deen's site after my sister told me about it. The kids LOVE it. This was gone in literally 10 minutes at the party.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (an 8-ounce box isn't quite 2 cups)
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stuck) butter, cut into pieces
- 2 1/2 cups (about 10 ounces) grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Boil the macaroni in a 2 quart saucepan in plenty of water until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain. In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese. Stir until the cheese melts. In a slow cooker, combine cheese/butter mixture and add the eggs, sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper and stir well. Then add drained macaroni and stir again. Set the slow cooker on low setting and cook for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
The above is the work in progress!
The finished product!