Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Dip #2 in the Triple Dipper - Spinach Artichoke Dip

I love this one.  Reminds me of TGI Fridays hot spinach dip.

Ingredients:

  • 8oz of Cream Cheese (I used 10oz because I had the leftover box of cream cheese)
  • 1 cup of mozzarella shredded cheese or pizza cheese blend (I used a little for cheese...I love cheese!)
  • Box of frozen chopped spinach (thawed and squeezed)
  • Jar of Artichoke Hearts (I used the marinated ones)
  • Dash of Salt
  • Dash of Pepper
  • 1/4 tsp of minced garlic

Directions:

Preheat the crock pot a little.  Dump in the cream cheese and let it soften for 15 mins or so.  Until you are able to stir it.

Add the garlic, salt and pepper.  Stir.

Take the artichoke hearts and drain the jar.  I use about 1/2 to 2/3 of the jar.  Take the artichoke and cut it into smaller chunks for easier dipping.  Add to the pot and stir.

Take the thawed and squeezed spinach and add to the pot.  Stir.

I usually let this cook for about 15 mins.  If not the cheese takes forever to melt.  Add the Cheese.  Stir.

Cook for 30 - 45 mins on low.  Stirring every 15 mins or so.  Serve with tortilla chips or your favorite dipper.

No comments:

Post a Comment