Wednesday, August 29, 2012

7UP Grilled Chicken

I saw this recipe on food.com and thought it was interesting.  7UP in a chicken marinade...hmmmm...I was curious.  The original recipe is here.

I modified it since soy sauce always seems to make it too salty for my taste.

The results were a grilled chicken that was moist and yummy.  It didn't dry out on the grill like a lot of chicken breasts do when cooked.
 
Ingredients:

  • 4 pieces of boneless skinless chicken
  • 1 can of 7UP or other lemon-lime beverage
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 cup of soy sauce (original called for 1/2 cup but I didn't want all the saltiness)
  • 1/2 cup of canola oil

Directions:

Preheat grill.

Throw all the ingredients and chicken into a bag and marinate for 30-60 minutes (or longer).

  

Throw the chicken on the grill and grill until cooked without any pink inside.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment