Friday, August 10, 2012

Paula Deen's Shore is Good Seafood Dip

Saw this recipe pinned on Pinterest.  Its from Paula Deen's website.

At first I was looking at it and thought ... I just don't know how this can be as good as Maryland Crab Dip with the Old Bay.  But let me tell you...it's great!  I would give it 5 out of 5 stars.  I have to ration myself with it and eat with carrots instead of crackers.  I modified the original recipe slightly.

Ingredients:

  • 1 lb of lump crabmeat, picked free of any broken shells, drained
  • 1/2 lb freshly grated Parmesan
  • 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • can cream of shrimp soup
  • 2 stalks celery, diced  (used the food processor to get it really fine) 
  • 1 medium onion diced  (used the food processor to chop really fine)
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 6 ounce shrimp, fresh or canned, drained.  (Used a frozen bag of shrimp that I thawed and precooked on grill)
  • 1/2 teaspoons white pepper



Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and celery, and saute for 2 minutes.

In a bowl, combine the soup, mayonnaise, Parmesan, cheddar cheese, crabmeat, shrimp, and pepper. Stir the sauteed vegetables into the seafood mixture and spoon this mixture into a lightly greased 8 x 11-inch casserole dish (I used the 8x8 Pampered Chef stoneware baker).

Bake for 30 minutes. Serve with toast points or crackers or carrots for a low carb option.



No comments:

Post a Comment