The original recipe is here.
- 2 medium ripe bananas,sliced into 1/2" pieces
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries (I used about half a pint)
- 1/4 cup honey (or agave)
- 1 cup uncooked quick oats
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (as an alternate for the first run I used chocolate chips since I didn't have walnuts)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of raspberries (this wasn't in the original but I wanted them in there)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 8x8 pan (I used a 9x13 baker for the 2nd attempt and it turned out great but just remember if you use a bigger pan to check and probably bake for less time since it will burn if in the whole 40 minutes)
Cover the bottom of the pan with sliced banana and raspberries.
In a mixing bowl combine oats, chocolate chips or walnuts, honey, baking powder, salt, vanilla, milk, egg and cinnamon. Stir well.
Spread the mixture evenly over the bananas and raspberries in the pan. Top with the blueberries.
Bake for 30-40 minutes until browning on the edges. For the 8x8 pan it took the full 40 mins. In the 9x13 baker it was closer to 30. Do yourself a favor and check on it around the 25 minute mark just to make sure depending on how your oven cooks.
Let cool for 20 mins. Cut into bars and serve. I took a chunk each day for breakfast. Store in the fridge for leftovers and you can even heat in microwave when you are ready to eat.