Friday, August 10, 2012

Sonomo Chicken Salad

Was looking for a good recipe to bring for lunch on a bed of lettuce.  Found the recipe on the Cooking Classy blog and modified slightly.  The orginal recipe is here.

This turned out so good.  I loved it and will be making it again and again!

Ingredients:

  • 3 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken that I got from ShopRite for $3.99)
  • 1 cup diced celery (about 3 stalks) -- I used the food processor to cut it extra fine
  • 2/3 cup chopped pecans -- Used the food processor again for this
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries, such as Craisins, roughly chopped
  • 2 Tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
Dressing:
  • 2/3 cup mayonnaise
  • 3 Tbsp honey
  • 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tsp prepared yellow mustard
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
 
  

Directions:

Shred chicken from the bone and place in a bowl.

I mixed the pecans and celery from the food processor in first.  Then added the Craisins.





Finally I took all the ingredients for the dressing and mixed everything together in the bowl.  I served over a bed of lettuce for a delish lunch!





No comments:

Post a Comment