Friday, August 10, 2012

Roasted Beets

Went to a wedding in NYC in July and they served roasted beets stuffed with goat cheese.  I was skeptical since I don't usually like beets.  But they were awesome!

So I set out to figure out the beets.  I skipped the goat cheese this time until I had the beets down.  I went to the local farmers market and picked up some fresh beets.

These turned out well and I'll try again with the cheese.  The pictures of them are with the skins.  When you are ready to serve peel off the skins.

Ingredients:

  • 6-8 beets
  • Olive Oil
  • Salt Pepper

 
 
 
Directions:
 
Wash the beets in warm water.  Cut the ends off the beets.  Cut in half.
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
 
Grease a 9x13 bake pan.  Rub some olive oil on the beets and spinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
 
I warn you ... be careful what you are wearing during the beet prep.   Beet juice will stain clothing and fingers.  I learned the hard way.
 
Cover with foil.  Bake in oven for approximately 45 mins.  Let cool slightly then peel the skins off.
 
I ate these over a salad with vinegarette dressing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment