Friday, August 31, 2012

Chicken on Skewers with Peanut Dipping Sauce

 Saw this recipe on the blog Homemade by Holman.  The link to the orginal recipe is here.
 
I did this recipe when I was camping also because I was into "things on sticks" which made for easy cleanup since every dish we dirtied up had to be washed by hand.
 
I loved this chicken and sauce recipe.  I'd definitely make it again.
 
Ingredients:
 
  • 4-6 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/2 cup of apricot reserves
  • 4 tbsp of soy sauce
  • 3 cloves of garlic (I used minced garlic from the jar..sorry garlic press on camping wasn't something I was thinking of)
  • 2 tsp ground mustard (forgot the ground mustard so I used yellow mustard)
  • 3 tbsp of olive oil
  • 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • Juice of 1 lime (again no juicer while camping...I used the little squeezy lime juice from the produce aisle)
  • Dash of salt and pepper

Directions:
 
Cut the fat off the chicken and slice into strips that you can thread onto a wooden skewer.  Soak the wooden skewers in water so they don't burn while cooking.
 
 

Grab a large ziplock bag.  Dump in the sliced chicken.  Add 1/4 cup preserves, 2 tbsp soy sauce, garlic, mustard, oil, and vinegar into the bag.  Smoosh it all around so the chicken is coated.  Refridgerate for 1 hour.


Preheat the grill to a low temp.

Thread chicken onto wooden skewers and cook all the way through.

For the peanut dipping sauce.  I did bring the little mini cuisinart food processor which I absolutely love.

Put the peanut butter, remaining apricot preserves, remaining soy sauce, lime juice and crushed red pepper flakes in the food processor.  I pulsed it until it was smooth.

Serve and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment