Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Peach Cobbler Dump Cake

So one of my camping oven experiments was a peach cobbler dump cake.  I forget where I saw this recipe...maybe somewhere on allrecipes.com or foodnetwork.com. 

It was fabulous!  We walked up to the camp store and got vanilla soft serve to go with it.  Yum!

Ingredients:


  • Box of yellow cake mix (I used the general ShopRite brand)
  • 2 cans of peaches (in light syrup)
  • Ground Cinnamon
  • 2 tbsp of butter

Directions:

Take a 9x13 pan and grease the bottom.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (I this case the camping oven!)



Dump both cans of peaches into the pan.  Sprinkle yellow cake mix over the peaches evenly.



Press down on the mix.  (I used a spatula for this).

Cut the butter into little chunks and distribute evenly over the top of the mix.



Sprinkle with cinnamon.



Bake for 45 mins or until bubbling and browning on the top.  In the camping oven it took about 50 mins.  Just make sure you check on it at 30 mins since I did use the conventional oven for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment