Friday, October 12, 2012

Spinach and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms

This is another recipe I found on the Skinnytaste blog.  It was good but I think I needed bigger mushrooms because all my filling kept falling out. 

The original recipe is found here.

Ingredients:

  • 14 oz (1 package) fresh mushrooms (remove stems)
  • 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin  (I used minced garlic)
  • 4 cups fresh baby spinach
  • 4 slices center cut bacon (I cheated and used Hormel real bacon bits)
  • 1 tsp olive oil
  • 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
  • 2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.



Take the stems from the mushrooms and mince them.



Take the minced stems, garlic and olive oil and saute in skillet for a few minutes.  Add in spinach until it starts to wilt.



In a bowl, combine skillet contents with the remaining ingredients (minus the actual mushroom caps)

In a muffin tin place the mushroom caps and stuff with the contents of the bowl.  I found this works great because then the mushrom doesn't slide all over the place with you remove the tray from the oven.



Cook for 20 mins in oven until slightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment