Friday, October 12, 2012

Grilled Honey Lime Chicken Skewers

Saw this recipe originally on the blog Cooking Classy.  I adapted it for the skewers since I love using them for tailgates since it means no plates or utensils needed.

Loved the taste of these.  They went down very smooth and the chicken was really tender.

The original recipe can be found here.

Ingredients:

  • 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves
  • 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (I used the lime juice in the little green container so I guess I cheated a little)
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil  (Iused plain olive oil since I was out of EVOO)
  • 1 Tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 Tbsp packed light-brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder or 1 clove finely minced garlic
  • 1/8 - 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (I used a little less than 1/8 tsp but I don't like spice)
 
Directions:
 
Cut the chicken into strips.  Soak wooden skewers if using them.  If metal ones are used no need to soak in water so carry on! :-)
 
 
 
Throw ingredients and chicken into ziploc bag and marinade for 30 minutes.
 
 
 
Take chicken out and thread onto skewers.
 
 
 
Cook on grill on low heat for approximately 10 mins or until cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment