Monday, October 29, 2012

Chicken Piccata

Shoprite had a super sale on boneless chicken a few weeks ago.  It was something ridiculous like $1.69/lb.  It was like the chicken was taunting me and saying...please come buy me and make me into something delicious.

Found this recipe on foodnetwork.com.  I've had chicken piccata at restaurants a few times and enjoyed it minus the capers.  Is that what the hell they're called?  They might as well have just called them crappy little green balls that are masquerading as a pea wanna-be.

Can you tell I'm tired and have been up all night?  :-)

Anyways the original recipe is here.

Ingredients:

  • 2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and then cut in half (I just cut in half and beat them with a meat tenderizer to make them thin.  To each his own)
  • Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • All-purpose flour
  • 6 tablespoons unsalted butter   (I used 4 tbsp...6 seemed a little much to me)
  • 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 cup chicken stock
  • 1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed (you know my stance on capers...I didn't use them)
  • 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
  •  Little bit of minced garlic (not in the original recipe but I love garlic)
  •  
    Directions:
     
    Combine flour, salt and pepper in a tray or bowl.  Mix well.
     
    Coat the chicken in it on both sides.
     
    Heat a skillet and put in the olive oil and butter.  Melt the butter.
     
    Add the chicken and fry on both sides until slightly brown.
     
     
     
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9x13 pan.  Place chicken in the pan.
     
    Take the leftover juices in the skillet and add chicken stock, parsley, garlic and lemon juice.  Mix and cook for about 5 mins on medium/low until slightly reduced.
     
    Pour the skillet mix onto the chicken.
     
     
     
    Bake for approximately 20-30 mins until chicken is down all the way through.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment