Friday, February 8, 2013

Roasted Parnesan Butternut Squash

The local farmer's markets have had an excess of squash lately.  I'd never had this type of squash before so I took a chance that I could find a recipe I liked that would be edible.  Again not a usual thing I'd experiment with but in the attempts to live healthier I gave it a shot.  This is goood!

The original recipe came from Oh She Glows site... here is the link.

Ingredients:

  • 2 tbsp minced parsley
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced (or use a couple dollips from the premade jars)
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 3 1/2 pounds of butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes (this equates to one big squash)
  • 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In a bowl combine the squash, salt, pepper, oil, parsley, and garlic.  Toss it so the squash is evenly coated.



In a ungreased shallow dish...bake uncovered for 50-55 minutes.  More if the squash is still not tender to the touch.



Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment